RECIPE: Layered Spinach Frittata
3 medium sweet potatoes, washed, sliced thinly (approx. 2mm thick)
1 bunch silverbeet spinach, washed, stalks removed, coarsely chopped
2 cups of baby spinach, washed, coarsely chopped
6 shallot stalks, ends trimmed, sliced thinly
½ cup light ricotta
2 tbsp. wholemeal breadcrumbs
1. Pre-heat oven at 200 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, add chopped silverbeet spinach, baby spinach and shallots.
3. In a small bowl, whisk eggs. Add ricotta and mix through well.
4. Pour eggs and ricotta over the spinach and shallots mixture. Mix through well.
5. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the spinach and egg mixture. Mix through well.
6. Drizzle olive oil over the base of a large baking dish.
7. Layer sweet potato over the base of the baking dish, overlapping at the edges to completely cover the base.
8. Place half of the spinach and egg mixture on top of the sweet potato.
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8.
10. Top with a layer of sweet potato and drizzle with olive oil.
11. Place in oven and cook for 40-50 minutes, until sweet potato is lightly browned at the edges.
Serving suggestion: Serve with greek yoghurt and sweet chilli sauce.